Friday, May 7, 2010

S.P.O.R.T.S.

One of the many facilities found in Taylor's University College is sports. This is so that the students are able to enjoy a well-rounded and balanced student life. There are around 15 sports club to be found namely futsal club, tennis club, badminton club, bowling club, athletic club, basketball club, dodge ball club, rugby club, table tennis club, swimming club, squash club, Frisbee club, volleyball club, yoga club, martial arts club and others.
I plan to blog just about the few sports which i am/used to be involved in.

The first one is Tennis. I use to play this sport when i was very young but stopped at the age of 9 years-old. Now, after relearning tennis, i found it hard again. Do you know how to play?






To start a game, obviously the person needs his or her tennis racket. Well, good tennis rackets are not exactly cheap as i have done some researches. A good tennis racket can cost RM200 and above.


To start the game, the players will start at opposite sides of the net. One player is suppose to serve while the other player on the other side will be the receiver. In a legal service, the ball should travel over the net without touching the net of course, and into the diagonally opposite service box. If the ball hits the net but lands in the service box, the server gets to serve one more time. If the first service is faulty in anyway, wide long or not over the net, the serving player has a second chance too. The first player who fails to hit the ball back to his or her opponent looses the point.


Look at this video.. 45 shot rally ... can you play like that?




Not bad eh? Its not easy at all when you start playing.. When i learnt how to play tennis, i couldn't control where the ball was going..(ends up going out of the court-no joke)





Next, its basketball!!! I personally love playing basketball. Well, I'm not the best in it but its a game which need real good team work. I have always wanted to play this sport for a long time but unfortunately in primary, there were only football and athlete club. No basketball club. Thank god, there was basketball club in secondary. I was nominated as the president of the club but i was not satisfied because there were only boys team. No girls. I have a few friends who decided to start a basketball girl team in school and we did in the year 2008, with our teachers' assistance of course.



we were training indoors because of the rain.

yeap, That's me!!! haha

Guess what number am I? Our jerseys were so very big for us.. because they gave us guys size..



After training hard for our competition, we finally got to represent our school in this sports. Unfortunately, we were really unlucky. My school had to play against last year's champions which was Catholic High School. The score was crazy.. It was 2-89. We definitely got the 2. But at least it wasn't 0 points. The score was 12-16 when we played with the other new school(Sultan Abdul Samad). We also played with SMK Damansara Utama school. The score was 2-31. I know we were really bad compared to them but at least we got the experience being in a real game. Not only that, we only have 7 girls in my team whereas the other teams have more than 10 players. This means that they have many substitute players. We ONLY had ONE!! Although we lost, we still sung happily while walking back to school knowing that we did our best.^^
Basketball can be played not in competitions only.

If these guys were to join the game, the game would be over in seconds.





Besides basketball, running is also something that I've liked doing since young. There is just a little difference. That is I got to run for my school since primary started. My competitors are usually Indians. They still scare me up till today. Knowing that i like sports, my parents have always encouraged me. I have gone to many runs in the past few years. Mostly long distance. I only participate in short distance runs during schools sports day. Here are the few pictures.


This is how a starting of a run would look like during marathons. People from different states and country would come all the way just to run.

Always remember to warm up before runs

The first time during this 10km run (PJ half marathon), i got 29th place. Only the top 30 would get medals. Lucky me!! The medal was heavy.

I was totally celebrating after getting the medal

Mizuno run.. I took a really long time to complete this run.. Old people can really run.They were running faster than me

This is the KLIM run. Its one of the earliest runs i went for


(AM Bank Run)This was only a 7 km run.

Adidas run.. This was my first long distance run that i participated.


We were in the running preparation place. Everyone was so excited about it.



School Sports Day's relay run. Did not go so well.Purple still ROCKS!


Year 2009's 'merentas desa' day. I got second place. If i could run a little more faster i could have got first.

One more sport! Cheer-leading! I have only joined cheer for a year in school because i didn't have time due to the amount of tuitions i have.
I was the base!!

Oh yea! WE ARE NUMBER 1!


Well, thats all for now. Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment